Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Twin Nails with Stamping Queen: Leadlight & Floral

Hello dear readers!

Last weekend, my fellow nail blogger, Stamping Queen and I planned a twin manicure which would feature the now famous technique among nail stampers: Leadlight. I must say this is the 1st time I was going to try it and I was not sure how it was going to come out.

Here is what we did....More pics and details below ;)




I used Ulta - Snow White as the base for this manicure

Mariana from Stamping Queen blog suggested me that we used Cheeky plate CH44. At first she said we used the upper floral pattern but I told her that I liked the pattern below it. My nails are longer as you see, and the design I used was better for double-stamping without the design looking chopped off.

Now comes the fun part... for the leadlight technique you have to use jelly finish colors and paint on top of the stamped designs. OPI Tints or Mia Secret tints are perfect  for it. In my case, I used a mix of colors from the Mia Secret tints to make pink, purple, blue and yellow. You can use a dotting tool for more accuracy when applying the colors.

After you apply the tints, let dry a bit and add a coat of fast dry topcoat.

Muchísimas gracias Mariana, me divertí mucho haciendo este nail art contigo. Aunque estemos a muchos kilómetros de distancia, fue muy lindo que hayamos podido colaborar en esta manicura ;)
Thank you so much Mariana, I had so much fun doing this nail art with you. We are miles and miles apart but still it's nice we could still do this collaboration ;)

*Visit Stamping Queen blog here or follow her Instagram account @Stampingqueenblog
It is mostly in Spanish but nail art works don't need translation ;)

What do you think of this nail art?

♥♥Thank you for reading♥♥


8 comments:

  1. When I seen this at quick glance on FB, I thought it was a before and after you cut your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful twin mani! Love the idea :) So pretty floral pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah so pretty! Now I want those OPI tints too *___*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to pick up those tints! so far I only have a reddish one =.= I also need that stamping plate lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias a ti neni. Espero lo repitamos pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your nails!!
    Whenever I do the stamp it's always choppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola, estan super hermosas, porfa quisiera que me ayudes diciendome donde puedo comprar en internet esas plaquitas para estampados, soy de Ecuador. Mil gracias.

    ReplyDelete

If you like my post or have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment :)
I will do my best to reply in a timely manner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...