Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

How to do Nail Stamp Decals

Hello dear readers!

As I promised, here is the tutorial on how to make nail decals by using designs from nail art plates.
 
I will describe all the steps below the image.
Step1: Transfer your favorite image onto a nail stamper of your choice. I used a small soft stamper and  a bird design from Stamping plate XL M using Nabi black as my stamping nail polish.

Step2: With the design still on the stamper, paint inside the image using a small brush or with your nail polish brush. Nail polish or acrylic colors can be used. Let dry. *Cover the design using a clear topcoat and let dry. I used Out the Door fast dry top coat. it makes this process much faster ;)

Step3: Once the design is dry, peel off using tweezers (or in this case, my own nails).

Step4: Apply clear topcoat on your nail color base. This step is important so that the surface is sticky enough for the decal to stick on your nail. *Make sure to let dry the topcoat a little bit before applying the decal, it should be dry to the touch but a little bit sticky. Place the decal on your nail and smooth it out carefully to get rid of creases or air bubbles.

Step5: Apply clear topcoat to protect and give shine to your decal. You can add other details before applying topcoat.

I hope this tutorial will be useful to you and that you now will be able to try this nail art ;) 
If you have any questions, let me know by leaving a comment :)

♥♥Thank you so much for reading♥♥

15 comments:

  1. Great post! I do mine slightly diffently when I do full nail designs but if I'm doing a single ding I do it this way. Easier to place them using this method.
    And I love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tutorial is really helpful! So gonna try it too :) ThanQ for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very helpful. I always struggled trying to do nail stamps and this way seems very easy :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #NiceShare!!! :)
    Thanks Bunny <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a cool technique! great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need to try this!! I have many very pretty butterflies I would love to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh great! Since I suck at stamping this is really helpful ^^ Thanks a lot, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a little bit of trial and error in order to master stamping ;) You're welcome :)

      Delete

If you like my post or have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment :)
I will do my best to reply in a timely manner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...