Today I want to show you a very simple nail art that I called "Meteor Shower" for the insane (in a good way, of course) amount of glitters that I put on my nails. This is also a tutorial because you will see all the steps for this nail art look.
Pictures can be enlarged
1. Paint your nails with a metallic/chrome or holographic silver or gold nail polish.
In this case, I used China Glaze GR8 from the OMG collection.
2. Apply a black crackle nail polish and let it dry.
3. Apply a clear top coat that is not fast dry, this is important for the next step.
4. Use chunky glitters in gold or silver color, the more variety the better.
As you can see, I have big hexagon, circle, star, hollow star and small hexagon glitters.
5. While the clear top coat is still wet, apply the glitters randomly or in order and add the quantity you like.
I always start with the big hexagons then apply the stars and circle glitter and finish with the small hexagon glitter.
6. Apply the glitters to all of your nails.
(Can you see the glittery mess in the background of the picture?)
7. Apply 1-2 layers of clear topcoat to make sure the texture is not rough.
I applied a coat of Gelous topcoat, let it dry a little bit and added Out the Door fast dry topcoat
(any thick consistency clear topcoat + a fast dry topcoat will do the trick)
Anecdote: The day after I did this nail art I went shopping and I saw a mom and daughter whispering to each other and looking at me. I thought they were saying something bad about me, so I walked away from them. Then, the mom stopped me and asked "Who did your nails?" I said "I did them" She was very surprised when I said that these were my natural nails. Maybe she thought that I was wearing acrylics? Is that good or bad? :)
What do you think about this nail art?
Thank you so much for reading! Your comments are always welcome ♥